I Thirst Water Program
In many of the places where we work, the people do not have access to clean drinking water. Women and children spend many hours each day walking long distances to gather water. Water-borne diseases lead to a multitude of serious health problems, many life-threatening. Through our I Thirst water program, we provide water filters and water tank systems that supply ongoing clean water to families and communities. These solutions along with sanitation and health training result in an immediate, drastic improvement in health.
- 780 million people do not have access to clean drinking water. That is equivalent to the entire population of the United States, Canada, Australia, Italy, France, and Mexico… combined.
- Half of the hospital beds in the world are occupied by patients suffering from diseases associated with lack of access to safe drinking water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene.
- 3.4 million People die each year from water related disease. This is the equivalent to the population of Los Angeles… every year.
- Every 21 seconds a child dies from diarrhea.
- 200 million work hours are spent every day by women collecting water. This is time not spent working at an income-generating job, caring for family members, or attending school.
While the numbers can be overwhelming, the truth is that this is a completely solvable problem. Here at Impact Nations, we are committed to being part of the solution.
The Sawyer water filter costs only $65 and provides continuous clean water for at least three families. Along with our partners, we distribute these filters door to door and provide clean water and sanitation training.
As with everything we do at Impact Nations, physical and spiritual expressions of the gospel always go hand in hand. When providing a family a household water filter, we naturally have opportunities to pray a blessing on their home and are often able to pray for supernatural healing and/or salvation in their household. Whole communities experience hope. The Kingdom comes with tangible gifts of love and with power. As a direct result of water filter distribution, the church in Kalonga, Uganda does not have enough room in its building for all the new believers. Therefore, they are starting house churches and making disciples.
To watch a video about how the Sawyer water filter works, click here
Using rain collection systems with filters on the end of the tanks, we can provide clean water for whole communities. In areas where there is adequate rainfall, these 10,000 liter tanks are an immediate and lasting answer to their most pressing need.